Tuesday, July 14, 2009


I thought I'd use a square of gravel to create a backgroumd pattern, but could see right away that it was not going to create the same kind of symmetry as the other experiments I have done. I decided to continue on, however, thinking that I might come up with something useable.
After filling the page, I applied Gaussuan Blur to the image and some symmetry appeared, but it also got rid of the hard dividing lines that showed pepples being cut in half. I proceeded to darken and increase contrast until I ended up with the image you see here. I think this is interesting in its own right although not as dramatic as the last patterns I have shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment