Friday, May 24, 2013
I have started using photos of Easter Lily Flowers to create a mandala and other designs. I have used photos of leaves to create a patterned background as you see first. It is nice, but not as interesting as I wanted; so I cut out a lily plant and superimposed the resulting pattern as seen in the second image. That was more complex, but didn't look right; so I reduced the opacity of that layer to 55% and got the third image. I then darkened the whole design to serve better as a background. This is a technique I will use more of as it adds a whole new dimension to the designs.