Friday, March 13, 2009

STEP THIRTEEN

Now, let's adjust the color. many of you may know more about this than I do, but let me share what I have learned.
*******
Go to Image > adjustments.
*******
For many photos, I find the levels command to be the most important tool I can use in adjusting the color. It is especially good with complex images like scenery. With these simpler, extracted images, it may not do much; still, I will check to see what difference it will make. Getting more color intensity is usually my goal, but I don't like to push until it becomes unnatural. The other choices under adjustments include brightness, contrast and so on, but I find saturation to be the biggest help.
*******
I generally increase saturation by just a few points because I don't want to get into the unnatural look.
*******
I try to take most of my photos in the shade. If you have taken one in full sun, you may need to make a gamma adjustment as well. In this case, I think we have found a nice vivid color without overdoing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment